CAROTENOIDS: NATURE’S CRAYONS
Carotenoids are a huge family of colourful plant pigments, many of which act as precursors of vitamin A. Carotenoids are responsible for the red in tomatoes, the orange in carrots, and the yellow in squash. They are also present in green plants such as spinach, where they are obscured, or masked, by green chlorophyll. About 600 carotenoids have been identified so far - 50-60 of which appear in our food supply.
WHY CAROTENOID PHYTONUTRIENTS?
HOW DO CAROTENOIDS PROMOTE HEALTH?
Carotenoids are especially important to the health, growth, and longevity of cells. They may protect us in many distinct ways:
- As potent antioxidants, carotenoids shield our cells from free radical-induced oxidative stress, thus preventing the initiation of the chain of cellular events that may lead to major threats to our well being.
- Carotenoids may help prevent some of the free radical damage linked to age-related conditions:
- By interrupting oxidation reactions, as well as stimulating and fortifying immune function, carotenoids maximize the body’s natural defences.
THE WHOLE-FOOD DIFFERENCE
Following nature’s “blueprint”, NeoLife scientists designed Carotenoid Complex using whole foods, not isolated carotenoids such as beta-carotene. Single carotenoids do not occur in isolation in natural foods; they occur with their other carotenoid “family members.” In fact, the importance and uniqueness of the carotenoid group lies in their family structure - each member contributes protective effects and works together as a team to provide maximum benefits.
Painstaking research of whole foods found in the human food chain that are naturally rich in carotenoids led to the development of an optimal carotenoid profile based on an ideal serving of fruits and vegetables. Carotenoid Complex does not contain synthetics or derivatives from plant sources humans do not normally eat. Before formulating Carotenoid Complex, our Scientific Advisory Board and Global Science Network members analyzed naturally occurring fruit and vegetable extracts and concentrates from all over the world to determine those foods that provided the highest levels of carotenoids. These include:
- red bell peppers
MOST COMPLETE CAROTENOID PRODUCT ON THE MARKET
Carotenoid Complex is formulated so each capsule matches the carotenoid profile of an optimal serving of the carotenoid-rich foods listed above. Raw materials were carefully selected to contribute 15 powerful representatives of all the members of the carotenoid family:
PROVEN ABSORPTION FOR OPTIMUM BENEFITS
Many factors affect absorption of carotenoids in the diet. For example, in raw fruits and vegetables, carotenoids are bound to proteins - as little as 1% of the beta-carotene in raw carrots may be absorbed. On average, your body only absorbs 5-10% of the carotenoids from raw fruits and vegetables.
What’s more, very high levels of a single carotenoid can inhibit absorption of other important carotenoids. High intakes of beta-carotene alone can negatively effect the body’s utilization of other carotenoids.
Research has shown that carotenoids which are concentrated and delivered in a lipid (oil) form are more efficiently absorbed than those that have been concentrated and delivered in either solid/sliced raw form or juice form. Carotenoid Complex uses oil-soluble fruit and vegetable extracts and concentrates in a base of pure olive oil to maximize carotenoid absorption. In a bioavailability study conducted at the University of Nevada, Reno, Carotenoid Complex was shown to be completely bioavailable by the human body.
NeoLife’s own clinical research, plus other studies done by researchers from the USDA, have demonstrated beyond a doubt that Carotenoid Complex is absorbed by the body better than the carotenoids naturally found in raw whole foods.
LOADS OF KILOGRAMS OF CAROTENOID POWER IN EVERY BOTTLE!
When it comes to delivering pure carotenoid power, Carotenoid Complex puts loads of kilograms in the palm of your hand. To deliver the total carotenoid power in a single bottle of the new Carotenoid Complex, you’d have to eat:
115 kilograms or more of the raw vegetables and fruits it’s made from. Research shows that your body absorbs only 5-10% of the carotenoids in raw vegetables and fruits.
22 kilograms or more of the steamed vegetables and fruits Carotenoid Complex is made from. Research shows food preparation affects carotenoid bioavailability. Steamed fruits and vegetables increase bioavailability up to 30-50%.
8 kilograms or more of steamed and puréed fruits and vegetables (baby food). Steamed and puréed fruits and vegetables have the best bioavailability - up to 70%, which is the method of raw material preparation utilized in Carotenoid Complex.
EXCLUSIVE NUTRIMAX PROCESS
At every stage of production - from raw materials and ingredients processing through encapsulation and packaging - NeoLife’s Carotenoid Complex is a study in state-of-the-art technology and quality control. The result? What we call our NutriMax Process delivers the most of the best, in each and every capsule!
- Purity. Carotenoid Complex is manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. The result is purity you can trust!
- Meticulous Preparation. Our whole-food ingredients are specially prepared and processed at low temperatures to GNLD’s unique specifications to achieve maximum nutritional benefit.
- Oxygen-Free Encapsulation. Our wholesome raw materials are encapsulated in a nitrogen-filled environment to prevent oxidation and maintain high nutrient value.
- 98% Extraction Efficiency of carotenoid compounds from fruits and vegetables.
CAROTENOID COMPLEX IS USDA TESTED!
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) scientists conducted clinical research studies on Carotenoid Complex, NeoLife’s exclusive broad-spectrum carotenoid supplement from whole foods, and published their findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals. The USDA studies showed that Carotenoid Complex:
- dramatically enhanced the immune response of white blood cells - “natural killer” cells and lymphocytes - greater than responses obtained at baseline and with beta- carotene supplementation alone.
- reduced blood lipid oxidation, a benefit that can have a favourable effect on the function of the heart.
- prevented the oxidation of cellular lipids, whereas supplementation with beta-carotene alone did not.